Re: Porting GNUstep to the RISC-V architecture

From: lars . sonchocky-helldorf
Subject: Re: Porting GNUstep to the RISC-V architecture
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 04:51:00 +0200

Hi Fred, Hi Greg,

I was right at the step of installing the dependencies when your mail came in, Fred. So this time the result will be a little bit different …

Greg, I noticed that Fedora-Linux wasn’t supported by tools-scripts/install-dependencies-linux . Since the fix was easy and very straight forward I opened this PR: https://github.com/gnustep/tools-scripts/pull/6

See the attachment for the results of installing the dependencies.

Fred, GNUstep is this time (after installing the dependencies) actually building. Great work from everybody so far, we have good portable code here! I used again the command:

./tools-scripts/compile-all &> compile-all-out.3.txt

(see Attachment)

and now a surprise:

PNG image

That means the basic work is done, now follows the refinement!

Cheers,

Lars