Re: loading bundles stopped working

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: loading bundles stopped working
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 15:33:22 +0200

Hi Sebastian,

On 7 Oct 2019, at 12:31, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

So instead of linking everything, esp. -base with lld, I should only link -back and SOPE with bfd, and all the rest will hopefully work linked with lld. Would that be the recommneded way to go ahead, or is there meanwhile some
other better way I'm not aware of yet?

the way to go is to use ld.gold - at least that’s what I was told and what works well under Debian GNU/Linux (with the exception of Gworkspace as mentioned in the other thread).

Patrick and I have put together some build scripts that use ld.gold for Ubuntu and Debian: https://github.com/plaurent/gnustep-build

My scripts derive from a howto from Andreas Fink that mentions FreeBSD as well: http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Building_GNUstep_under_Debian_FreeBSD

Good luck
Johannes