Re: GWorkspace and new ABI

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: GWorkspace and new ABI
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 15:27:58 +0200

Hi Bertrand,

On 5 Oct 2019, at 17:33, Bertrand Dekoninck wrote:

I managed to compile GNUstep on Debian Buster using the current runtime
version from GitHub (new ABI). Most apps start and work fine. But trying
to use GWorkspace I get this error:

$ GWorkspace
Unknown protocol versionAbgebrochen (which means: Cancelled)

I had exactly the same error in last july with both 32bit and 64bit debian buster and reported to the list.
I hope someone will dig into this.

thanks for pointing that out. Maybe anyone of the experienced hackers could give a hint where and how to look for the cause of this issue? If it would be GWorkspace I might take a try to fix it. I’d have no chance to fix anything regarding the runtime though. ;)

Johannes