Re: [ANN] Updates to GNUstep FreeBSD ports

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: [ANN] Updates to GNUstep FreeBSD ports
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 20:11:33 +0000

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 1:34 PM Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
On 26/08/2017 13:32, David Chisnall wrote:
> I’ve also patched a load of older apps that haven’t been updated for a while to build with the newer GNUstep-Make.  There are a bunch of unmaintained things that probably need to be garbage collected.  If someone could take a look at the things installed by the gnustep-app metapackage (http://www.freshports.org/x11/gnustep-app/) and let me know which ones are not worth keeping, that would be helpful

If some packages have "no home" but are deemed useful, it might be
interesting to import them in e.g. gnustep-nonfsf or GAP and merge the
patches in or maybe even just in github to give them a home, if they are
apps of "general".

I've reached out to David privately about some projects from 'gsimageapps' on gna.

If there was no work on them since 2017-02, we can rescue their history in full from:
https://archive.org/details/Gna_code_hosting

I see you package Jishyo. Does it "work" for you? E.g. search for egg.

Rob Burns imported it into GAP a while ago and it received a couple of
build patches, but it doesn't work for me and Rob "disappeared" so no
further work was done. Maybe you have patches to share? Look up in the
dictionary generates an NSLog but no user output in the window.

I also observed Waiho, an FTP client whose webpage does not mention any work since 2002.