[ANN] Updates to GNUstep FreeBSD ports

From: David Chisnall
Subject: [ANN] Updates to GNUstep FreeBSD ports
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:32:47 +0100

Hello all,

Last weekend, I committed a bunch of updates to the GNUstep ports on FreeBSD,
which should have hit package mirrors by now.  Immediately after I’d done that,
Riccardo released new versions of Pantomime and GNUmail, so I’ve also updated
those - packages should appear in a day or so.  Changes include:

Default clang version used to build all Objective-C ports bumped to 4.0.

New versions of various libraries and applications:

        gnustep-base: 1.25.0
        gnustep-gui: 0.25.1
        gnustep-back: 0.25.1
        gnustep-make: 2.7.0
        gorm: 1.2.23
        terminal.app: 0.9.9
        gworkspace: 0.9.4
        cenon: 4.0.5
        graphos: 0.6
        pantomime: 1.2.3
        gnumail: 1.2.3

All of the other GNUstep packages will be rebuilt using the newer frameworks.

I’ve also patched a load of older apps that haven’t been updated for a while to
build with the newer GNUstep-Make.  There are a bunch of unmaintained things
that probably need to be garbage collected.  If someone could take a look at
the things installed by the gnustep-app metapackage
(http://www.freshports.org/x11/gnustep-app/) and let me know which ones are not
worth keeping, that would be helpful

David