Re: Boiling the Oceans [was Re: GNUstep Live on OSnews]

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Boiling the Oceans [was Re: GNUstep Live on OSnews]
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 20:07:26 +0200

Hi,

Ivan Vučica wrote:
WebKit is a good candidate, just, let's not present it as a lightweight project because it's anything but.

that is why I liked SWK approach so much: with the same interfaces, a lightweight engine. Almost hot-pluggable :)

Alternatives would be to "port" a lightweight engine and there NetSurf or Dillo oro similar, this was discussed an infinite number of times on this mailing list, but no real effort in the engine was actually done. We had several WebKit attepts (but as said, not lightweight) including Berkelium and CEF stuff (quick wrap). But the only light approach attempted is/was SWK. The rest has always been a lot of talk, while we need cooding power.

Riccardo