GWorkspace & Windowmaker with VMWare Autoresizing

From: Steven Nunez
Subject: GWorkspace & Windowmaker with VMWare Autoresizing
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 06:25:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hello everyone,

Thanks to those that earlier responded to the emacs 25.1 thread. I'm hopeful that with a fresh start on 25.2 we can make some progress. It would be so nice to be able to say we eat our own dog food and use emacs on the same platform.

I came across a different issue today: compatibility with open-vm-tools. After fighting with that for nearly a day, I think I finally got it working (if anyone wants directions, let me know and I'll send it to you). So at the moment mouse, auto-resize and clipboard all work fine (though not drag & drop of files), but GWorkspace and WindowMaker do not seem to notice, and leave the dock where it was when it was started. GWorkspace in particular seems to have trouble with resizing, and it often fails to repaint the background when enlarging the screen, but WM does.

I know the GWorkspace / Windowmaker thing is a bit unpolished at the moment and it does not seem a high priority, but I am hoping someone has encountered this before and has a workaround or best practice when using these two together (or should I just use GWorkspace and forget WM?).

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
    - Steve