Re: broke my GWorkspace...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: broke my GWorkspace...
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:59:55 +0200

Hi Gaël ,

Gaël Elegoët ha scritto:
Hi again... Sorry maybe should gave mentioned I run Debian 7 on a
PowerbooK G4.
Tried complete uninstall of GNUstep, the re-installing, still
GWorkspace is not working :/

Any idea how to fix that ?

Fred spoke out of my heart: while I try my best maintaining GWorkspace (and it should run on PowerPC too: I do run it on my iBook G3 with Debian) understanding what is wrong is hard.

- What version are you running? What GNUstep version?
- What did you change (if at all) so that it broke? did you perhaps update GNUstep or GWorkspace?

If you are running release or at least current (that is, most probably, not the debian packages) can you run it in the debugger and run enable breakpoints on exceptions (b [NSException raise])

Is loosing GWorkspace's preferences (which includes settings, tab icons, desktop preferences)? It could be that it helps.

hopefully this way we can help you.

Riccardo