Re: broke my GWorkspace...

From: Gaël Elegoët
Subject: Re: broke my GWorkspace...
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 21:42:54 +0200

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:36:42 +0200
Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

Hello Riccardo,

> Hi Gaël,
>
> Gaël Elegoët wrote:
> > Funnily , after re-compiling, and installing using su this time ,
> > it makes thumbnails !! :)
> > See Screenshots attached.
> It doesn't for me: ti is a service, i see the daemon starting and
> churn memory, but I get no icons.
> Ugly think you found!! it needs testing, debugging... I hoped for a
> minor GWorkspace release, but this needs to be addressed.

Mind you, I have another Powerbook G4 , that one running Debian 8
Jessie, and with GWorkspace-0.9.3 (think it's 0.9.3, but could be
the version before, don't the machine in front of me, anyway a
0.9...something version) installed from the Jessie repo, and there the
thumbnails works too...

> They do look quite fine, i see you go for a very clean and old-school
> look. You did replace all icons too, did you make a theme for that?

No, don't know how to make a theme ;) I've just swapped the originals
ones , found in /usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Images, with some OPENSTEP
icons. The Home folder and Common_folder icons are the original
OPENSTEP ones, and I've modified some to make Documents, Downloads,
Images , Library and Music folders. Also changed the Common-Root_PC
icon to an older NeXTstep icon.
Find it here attached if you like it

> > I still have some graphics glitches though… like if a GWorkspace is
> > minimized, and I try using the GWorspace menu at the same time, it
> > displays a big black rectangle in place of the following menus.
> > Have to maximize the window to get a correct display back… Funny
> > stuff.
> Do you mean by right-clicking on its icon?

Nope, whenever I click anywhere on the menu if an while a window is
minimized. See screenshot attached.
It also sometime completely freezes the machine...

> Riccardo

Regards

Gaël