Re: broke my GWorkspace...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: broke my GWorkspace...
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 13:00:33 +0200

Better keep this on the mailing list otherwise you will have to write the same
mail to Riccardo too.

To me this looks like you uninstallation didn't clean up correctly. It is hard
to tell what was left over, but Riccardo's idea that it might be a defaults
file is a starting point.
You will have to check for yourself whether any of the newer GNUstep libraries
are still present.
I am a bit worried that you failed to compile GNUstep on your machine. This
should be fairly simple. The best starting point will be to uninstall the
Debian GNUstep components first. The order of the components you gave in your
mail was also wrong. Start off with GNUstep make, base, gui, then back and
finally your application code. You will have to add a few development packages
before you may start this, but that is surely documented for Debian somewhere
in the GNUstep wiki.

Hope this helps,
Fred

On the road