Re: NSTableView and data cell formatter

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSTableView and data cell formatter
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 00:01:34 +0100

Hi Fred,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
I did not look into the code here, but have a strong feeling what might go on
here. Most likely your cells are editable, or at least selectable. And when
they get selected, a different formatting method gets called that your specific
formatter did not override. This may be editingStringForObjectValue:, but I am
not sure. If the same code behaves correctly on Cocoa, we might have to look
into the fallback code of NSFormatter.
I was able to get a rough TalkSoup running on Mac! It is not for release, but I get the main window working, DNS and channel join, enough to get the user list and on the Mac it works. I can select, double-click, scroll the user list, it displays fine.
So indeed it appears a GS bug.

Riccardo