Re: projectcenter and compilation question

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: projectcenter and compilation question
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 12:27:28 +0100

Hello Svetlana,

nice that you are interested in GNUstep!

Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to follow
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnustep/experience/PierresDevTutorial/index.html
but clicking the .gorm file does nothing
Gorm is installed though

Perhaps your workspace doesn't work properly or is not setup perfectly. To work around this, just open Gorm, and open the Document from within Gorm. That should get you going.

Perhaps, as German suggests, it is a matter of running "make_services".

What OS are you running on? how did you install Gorm and ProjectCenter?
TalkSoup gives this exception when I try to connect.
NSInvalidArgumentException: aString object passed to -[GSAttributedString
initWithString:attributes:] is nil
I could not figure out how to compile it (with -g?) to debug (in gdb?).

You are running an old version of TalkSoup, I guess. How did you compile/install it?

We over at the GNUstep Application Project have mostly updated TalkSoup to run again, but not released the revived version yet. If you are brave enough to compile it from current source you can test it!
I would like to invite you to join #GNUstep at chat.freenode.net, it is dead
and it is easier to get help with such things over the chat...

Sadly, it is rarely used now. Most of us developers are busy at work and we are on different time zones. IRC is usually blocked from work environments! While I still was a student, I always did hang on irc though!

Riccardo