Re: GNUstep's default theme...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep's default theme...
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 18:13:13 +0200

Hi,

David Chisnall wrote:
At the DevMeeting (and a bit since), Quentin and Eric have been working on
making the Aristo2 theme from Cappuccino (
http://www.cappuccino-project.org/aristo/ and
http://www.cappuccino-project.org/aristo/showcase/ ) work with GNUstep.  I
think it's a nice choice, as it's clean, consistent, and looks like the sort of
thing that new users are used to from web apps.
well, it is not my style and I don't like web-apps and I don't want my desktop to resemble it. I understood Stefan's request as more a sort of re-style of our theme which would blend more into what for example current Emacs or Thunderbird use as icons.

Let's just have choice: the drawback is development time, but we can probably discuss forever which theme is better without ever agree. So the bests thing is to provide them and let the user choose, depending also on the kind of environment he wants to blend in.

Riccardo