Re: GNUstep's default theme...

From: James Carthew
Subject: Re: GNUstep's default theme...
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 22:48:36 +1000

More apps, more usability, more desktop environment.the biggest dealbreakers for me are webkit, and lack of tools in system preferences.app, can't set monitor, keyboard, mouse, sound, network options. Add those sections to system preferences and it'll start feeling like a complete desktop environment. It's a nice API but unless you're targetting OSX people just don't seem to be interested in deploying objective-c code. A Linux/BSD desktop based around gnustep would be very successful once it hit certain usability thresholds. I think the things I listed above are what's needed to push the project from obscurity to mainstream popularity.