Re: Warning on first NSLog call

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Warning on first NSLog call
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 14:12:15 +0200

Am 05.04.2012 13:58, schrieb Rasmus Barringer:
> I see. That sounds probable. But can gnustep not use the time zone
> data of the OS?
>
> My "goal" is to create a minimal objective-c layer with the only
> dependencies being libobjc.so.4 and libgnustep-base.so.1.24. These are
> to be bundled with the application when released in binary form. For
> this reason I don't install gnu step, I just link against the library
> that I put beside my application. I would like it so that the user of
> the application don't have to install gnustep.
>
> Perhaps this is not possible? It seems to work well apart from this small
> issue.

It is possible. You just need to use the standalone filesystem layout,
which `installs' everything into one directory. This can be achieved by
configuring gnustep-make with `./configure --with-layout=standalone'.
You might also check the thread `building a self-contained deployable
gnustep' that occurred on this very mailing list a while back.

Cheers,

Niels