cairo vs. art and PDFKit

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: cairo vs. art and PDFKit
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:16:14 +0100

Hi,

I noticed that PDFKit (which is used by the PDF inspector in the content inspector of GWorkspace) with current cairo doesn't work anymore, it displays only blank pages (of the correct size, but no content, no graphics, no text). The same plugin run with the art backend (without recompiling anything else besides the backend) works again.
Richard Stonehouse cna reproduce this too and Sebastian too.

I wonder what's up and how it can be debugged further.

Riccardo