building a self-contained deployable gnustep [cont]

From: Julian Mayer
Subject: building a self-contained deployable gnustep [cont]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 00:48:04 +0200

> i guess thats just what i will do. i'll come back either with a set of
> working steps, or with problem reports ;->

ok, problem reports ;-)

what i did:
• setup a clean ubuntu 10.4 vmware image and install gnustep trunk
(--with-config-file=./GNUstep.conf)
• build and run hello world gnustep app to verify gnustep is working (well, i
don't get fonts if the x11 backend is used even with freetype, art works fine)
• move the gnustep installation out-of-place
• add the gnustep "System", "Local" folders as well as all the .so libraries
and the GNUstep.conf (full of paths starting with './') to my hello world app
folder

now i can't get the hello world app to run again. i am properly setting the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
• trying to start the app directly ./HelloWorld makes it stuck, probably
because GNUstep.sh hasn't been sourced
• trying to source the GNUstep.sh (directly or indirectly through openapp)
within the hello world app bundle fails because the file references the old
global installation path instead of the relative pathes ... isn't it picking up
my user .GNUstep.conf or what?

notroot@ubuntu:~/Desktop/GNUstepTest/HelloWorld.app$ .
System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
bash: /home/notroot/Desktop/inst/System/Library/Makefiles/filesystem.sh: No
such file or directory
bash:
/home/notroot/Desktop/inst/System/Library/Makefiles/print_unique_pathlist.sh:
No such file or directory
bash:
/home/notroot/Desktop/inst/System/Library/Makefiles/print_unique_pathlist.sh:
No such file or directory
bash:
/home/notroot/Desktop/inst/System/Library/Makefiles/print_unique_pathlist.sh:
No such file or directory
bash:
/home/notroot/Desktop/inst/System/Library/Makefiles/print_unique_pathlist.sh:
No such file or directory
bash:
/home/notroot/Desktop/inst/System/Library/Makefiles/print_unique_pathlist.sh:
No such file or directory

despite the GNUstep.sh failing it still sets some environment variables, but
wrong, e.g.:

GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT=/home/notroot/Desktop/inst/Local

should be

GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT=/home/notroot/Desktop/GNUstepTest/HelloWorld.app/Local

it still references the old global installation and not the installation within
the app wrapper

should i just forget about sourcing GNUstep.sh and try to set environment
variables like GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT myself from my launcher script?

any ideas?

thanks, julian