Re: GNUstep on 10.7

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: GNUstep on 10.7
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 17:24:22 -0400

Nat,

I don't speak for the FSF or for GNU, but as the maintainer of an FSF
project I can say this from experience...

It is okay to develop free software on top of proprietary systems.
This was, in fact, how the FSF operated for a very long time before
Linux came along.  Linux is relatively recent phenomenon.

What I was particularly wondering about is why try to get GNUstep to
work on Mac OS X since the Mac has it's own implementation of GNUstep
it's called "Cocoa."

Later, GC
P.S. I have no objections to getting GNUstep running on 10.7 if that's
what people need.   I'm just curious for myself, I'm not putting the
"kibosh" on anything.