Re: New -base release?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: New -base release?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 17:27:21 +0200

On 01.08.2011 16:59, David Chisnall wrote:
What do you think about the idea of doing a new point release of -base soon?
Most of the changes I've made in -base since the last release have been bug
fixes and cleanups - and looking at the commit logs, I'm far from being the
only person to do this - so trunk is probably in a more stable state than it
was when we did the last release.  We've also got some shiny new features, like
some 10.7 classes and methods and support for ARC / GC.

I'd like to do a little bit more ARC-related cleanup, but I'd be in favour of
doing a release in the next week or two.

As far as I know, Richard is currently on holidays and being the base maintainer he should have a word on this. I really like all the new features base has been getting, although I am not using a compiler that takes advantages of most of these. Before a new release we should get more feedback from people using the more obscure systems that GNUstep runs on and we also should get rid of the compiler warnings from NSRegularExpression and NSThread and then, after a short code freeze phase, I think we are ready for a release. Again, given that Richard thinks we are.

Fred