Re: Cross Platform GNUStep GUI with Native Look-And-Feel

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Cross Platform GNUStep GUI with Native Look-And-Feel
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 00:10:09 -0600

On Gnome, for the moment, I use a theme called Silver:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Screenshots

In Gnome you can configure GNUstep to not use AppIcons and MiniWindows
with (in a shell):

defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSAppOwnsMiniwindow NO
defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSSuppressAppIcon YES

or with SystemPreferences.

About the menu in Window, you can use this in apps that support this
style. This mean, apps that provides a main window when are launched.
Based document aplications can be configured to open an empty document
to put the menu. However, the current gnustep packages can't handle
several menus (if the user open more than one documents) so you need
handle these menus in that case (for example. updating the "Windows"
menu and the "Open Recent"). You can check Gemas.app, that works fine on
Windows and Gnome:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Gemas.app