GNUstep Progress (Thank You!)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: GNUstep Progress (Thank You!)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 18:39:29 +0000

Hi Everyone,

As of Stef's recent commit, GNUstep now compiles all of the examples from my
new book, and all of the ones that I've tested work correctly (including some
that use 10.6 APIs).

All of these examples were created on OS X, based on the latest documentation,
and none were adjusted for GNUstep compatibility, or even written with GNUstep
compatibility in mind, since the target audience for the book is OS X / iOS
programmers.  All of them are using Apple's current recommended APIs, not
legacy OpenStep versions, unless the OpenStep version is still current.  This
includes around 100 examples, all showing common Objective-C idioms or patterns.

So, a massive 'Thank You!' to everyone who has contributed to getting GNUstep
into this state.  It's great to see 'porting to GNUstep' reduced to 'copy the
files to a machine with GNUstep installed and compile' in so many cases.

David

P.S. These examples are all from the Foundation frameworks - AppKit may vary...

-- Sent from my STANTEC-ZEBRA