Re: FOSDEM Devroom schedules deadline is in 6 days: 25th of January

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Devroom schedules deadline is in 6 days: 25th of January
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:09:14 +0100

Hi Lars,

Le 18 janv. 2011 à 23:22, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf a écrit :

> Hi folks,
>
> I am finally back in town, now not only physically but also mentally. I
> booked my flight to Brussels and a hotel room in the Argus yesterday - I'll
> be there starting Thursday, the 3rd to Monday, the 7th.
>
> And finally there was a mail about the deadline for the devroom schedules
> today which I attached below. This means we need to come up with a schedule
> really quick (hence the somewhat blatant subject of this mail).
>
> What do we have now:
>
> * 30 min David Chisnall proposed half hour or so slot reserved for discussing
> UIKit / iOS implementation plans
> * 45 min Nikolaus Schaller: Latest progress of Simple WebKit and QuantumSTEP
> * 45 to 60 min Quentin Mathé: Fast and Flexible UI Development with EtoileUI
> (overview and what's new since the previous FOSDEM)
> * 30 to 45 min Quentin Mathé: Étoilé Status Update

I just updated the wiki to include a description of these two talks. I haven't
specified any time slot though.
See http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2011
For my personal infos, you can reuse what I gave last year… it's visible here:
http://archive.fosdem.org/2010/schedule/speakers/quentin+mathe

> * 30 min Niels Grewe: DBusKit
> * 30 min Nicola Pero: Objective-C support in GCC 4.6
> * 10 min to 15 min Sebastian Reitenbach: talking about GNUstep on OpenBSD
> * framework lightning talks proposed by David Chisnall
>
> without the framework lightning talks this amounts to  255 min (4 1/4 hours)
> talking time at best, even if I add a very amply 15 minutes break between the
> talks (to maintain the 15 minute block granularity) it sums up to just 345
> minutes - which are 5 3/4 hours at max. We have time from 13:00h to 19:00h so
> there is plenty of space for more talks.

I'm not sure it is worth to have talks beyond 18:00, people tend to leave
around this time.

> Is there someone of the folks who definitely come to FOSDEM who wants to give
> a talk? Fred, do you intend to give a talk? Riccardo, are you coming to
> FOSDEM? Do you want to give a talk about the latest development in GAP?

May be David will do a talk about EtoileText? And one about LanguageKit?

Cheers,
Quentin.