Re: framework

From: Thomas Gamper
Subject: Re: framework
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:53:00 +0200

Thomas, please read the relevant licenses before you make a decision. The world would be a much better place if people read FSF licenses before releasing code under them.
Thanks for your hints. I wrote to the list simply because I just have superficial knowledge regarding open source licenses. As I read GLEW's MIT license, I was appealed by it's content because it is really permissive. Regarding NVIDIA Cg, I had a look at what the ogre3d guys are doing: they simply don't package Cg with their stuff, you have to download it yourself. As it looks right now, PRNG is the one shooting me in the foot, so I will ask the developers if they would be so kind and provide the library under a different license too :)

Thanks
TOM