Re: newbie user difficulty in managing dockapp

From: Omniscient
Subject: Re: newbie user difficulty in managing dockapp
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 06:30:32 -0700 (PDT)

On May 3, 7:51 pm, Zhang Weiwu <zhangwe...@realss.com> wrote:

> what is the alternative way?
>
>     * switch to other dockapps with similar feature? (please recommend
>       alternative ones thanks:) I can look up application directory but
>       might end up using another "not recommend" dockapp again)

Well, I just hibernate instead. I think it's a GNUstep bug not
dockapp's.
It seems nobody want to do anything with Window Maker's GNUstep
support.
It doesn't work well in GNOME either, and AFAIK it doesn't work well
anywhere. In fact, Window Maker support should be first priority, but
we seem not to have enough people interested in Window Maker either.
Since most of them who can deal with the problem were focusing on
building their own DE and they won't use Window Maker in any way
either were too busy with anything else. And no matter how many NeXT
zealots would say how much they love the current look, they can't help
either.
So, my idea... I'd suggest that GNUstep should make GNOME support
as its first priority for the current situation.

>     * Use different way to auto-start application? (please instruct
>       which way)

Yes, just write a script (may be openapp wrapper) that will launch
the app then sleep for a while before killing it just to start it
again.