Re: make sysinstall/Makefile.preamble/GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: make sysinstall/Makefile.preamble/GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:10:27 +0000

On 15 Dec 2008, at 13:07, Fred Kiefer wrote:
Richard's other ideas would be workable, but every GNUstep
developer will need that, why not support it directly.

Er ... I don't.
I can just do 'make install' and everything works fine for me ...

I really don't think you can say 'every GNUstep developer will need that' ... you could just as easily say 'No GNUstep developer will need that'

In fact what we really need is someone installing everything into the System domain, someone installing everything into the Local domain, and someone installing everything into the User domain and some people working with combinations... so we are sure that everything works properly irrespective of where it's installed.