Re: GNUstep on GNewSense 2.0

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep on GNewSense 2.0
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 09:54:46 +0200

Germán Arias wrote:
(excuse my english) Well, now I have another problem. Sometimes when I do a clic
on an app's menu the gdm restat. I use gnustep-startup-0.19.3 to install
GNUstep. Before I use GNUstep on gNewSense 1.1 without problem. Maybe I need a
package. Before, on gNewSense 1.1 (based on Ubuntu 6.06) I install all packages
lists on ubuntu blog, but now I only install the same packages, because on the
blog there isn't information about how install GNUstep on ubuntu 8.04.

I am not sure, whether I understand the problem correctly. Are you saying that sometimes when clicking on a GNUstep menu this causes your display manager (gdm) to restart? This would point to an invalid X request that kills the X server. Do you get any meaningful message in any log file?