gcc build error

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: gcc build error
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 01:57:27 +0100

Hi all,

I am just giving Solaris Express a try. My first action after installing the os is of course building gcc to get Objective-C support. Unfortunately the build fails

        cd /usr/src
        gunzip gcc-3.4.4.tar.gz
        tar xvf gcc-3.4.4.tar
        cd gcc-3.4.4
        mkdir objdir
        cd objdir
../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --disable-nls --disable-libgcj --enable-languages=c,c++,objc
        make bootstrap

with the following error:

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cc1obj
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
libiconv_close                      libcpp.a(cppcharset.o)
libiconv_open                       libcpp.a(cppcharset.o)
libiconv                            libcpp.a(cppcharset.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written maketo cc1[
2]: *** [cc1obj] Error 1

Any idea? I know this is hardly gnustep related but if anybody of you got this running already and/or has a clue ...

Thanks,

   Andreas