Re: Posters for FOSDEM?

From: Dr . H . Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Posters for FOSDEM?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:50:13 +0100

Am 12.02.2008 um 14:28 schrieb Nicolas Roard:

rather than a color laser, it would be better to bring spare computers

That is more for the workshop and preparation of the stand. Not to have there for visitors to play with :-)

and screen if we want to demo stuff !! most of us will have laptops --
great to develop, not so do demo. And putting an external screen isn't
great either as that immobilize the computer... So really, if somebody
can bring spare comps that'd be fantastic.

I also plan to bring a 15'' TFT and a small MiniPC with Debian Edge plus a standard keyboard. Unfortunately it is a little slowish (800MHz) and the ext3 filesystem was corrupted yesterday.
So I have to restore a little.

The GNUstep on that machine is the one found in the Debian stable repositories. But we can
compile a newer one during preparation on Friday.