Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:40:34 +0100

Philippe Roussel wrote:
> I'm wondering if the following is a bug or a feature ?
>
> Using Metacity (I haven't tried with another window manager),
> contextual menu windows of GNUstep apps appear in the window manager
> windows list, whereas the main menu windows don't. I don't see any
> advantage for these windows to be listed, what do you think ?

You could try to compile back with the following variable being defined:
USE_KDE_OVERRIDE

The way we use window types to reflect our window levels is really a
hack, but it is the best I could do at that time. The problem is that
the support for these window types keeps on changing in these so called
standard window managers.

Cheers,
Fred