Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:55:42 +0100

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:05:53AM +0100, Philippe Roussel wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 12:57:46PM -0500, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:
> > On Nov 21, 2007 12:48 PM, Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Philippe,
> > >
> > > There's no advantage.   I'm not sure, but is there a "hint" or something
> > > we can add to these windows to prevent the from showing?
> > >
> > > Later, GJC
> >

> > That's weird, I would have thought this was a bug!  I've, briefly, used
> > GNUstep with XFce and didn't have this issue manifest itself.
>
> To be precise, the windows appear on gnome panel windows list. I could
> try with WindowMaker if that could help.

Ok, got the same thing with WindowMaker, here's how to reproduce :

        - detach WindowMaker windows list
        - launch GWorkspace => 2 items in the windows list (GWorkspace | Files)
        - in GWorkspace menu, select Services and then GNUMail, you should
          still have 2 items on the windows list

        - right click on GWorkspace window to obtain the main menu and
          then select Services and GNUmail, you should now have 3 more
          items, each one labeled 'Window'

If needed, I can try patches.

Philippe
--
The box said Windows XP or better, so I installed Linux