Re: Site Redesign (was: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopar

From: Krishna
Subject: Re: Site Redesign (was: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:25:57 +0530

On 11/12/07, Jesse Ross <gnustep@jesseross.com> wrote:
> >> I guess I didn't explain that point too well.  What I was trying
> >> to say is that image size detracts from the other contents on the
> >> page.  I agree that we should have GNUstep images on the homepage,
> >> just not that big.  When reading the content you had on that mock-
> >> up (I'm just curious that way) my eyes couldn't help creeping to
> >> that image every few seconds, and, in my opinion, this shouldn't
> >> happen.  The emphasize should be on the "description", "news", and
> >> possibly "how to contribute" part of the page.
> >
> > Ah, good point. It's probably worth tweaking then.
>
> Updated:
>
> http://jesseross.com/clients/gnustep/site/02.png

Very nice!

A link to the wiki on the top menubar would be useful too. Another
useful addition would be a "planet" like feed aggregator.

Folks, I have created a yahoo pipe aggregating gnustep related blogs
although the sources currently are http://gnustep.blogspot.com and
http://camaelon.blogspot.com . Please let me know of other gnustep
related blogs and I'll add them to the pipe.

Point your browser or feed reader to
http://pipes.yahoo.com/gnustep/OnFF7dWQ3BGhUWLKCB2yXQ

Cheers!
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an imaginary part
  -Andrew Koenig