Re: Weird color problem with GNUstep/Etoile

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Weird color problem with GNUstep/Etoile
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:41:11 -0700

On 8/2/07, Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using the latest GNUstep
>
>         mkdir /usr/src/core
>         cd /usr/src/core
>         svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/tools/make/trunk/ make
>         svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/base/trunk/ base
>         svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/gui/trunk/ gui
>         svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/back/trunk/ back
>
> (art backend) and the Etoile 0.2 release. On a Solaris x86 machine I am
> encoutering a very weird color problem with this combo. I thaught I had
> hosed up my system somehow and therefore completely reinstalled
> everything including Solaris. I am through with the reinstallation
> right now and have exactly the same problem again. The colors in all
> GNUstep apps are hosed, e.g. AZBackground is green, text is red where
> it should be black, colors are changing arbitrarily when changing the
> selection of text (e.g. in Typewrite or Ink)... Other non-GNUstep-apps
> are ok.
>
> I doubt it has to do with Etoile since the problem persists when I do
>
>         defaults delete NSGlobalDomain GSAppKitUserBundles
>
> Any idea what that can be?

  Does it happen for Gorm+WindowMaker ?
  Then does it happen for Gorm+Azalea ?
  This can be bug in many level.
  So if you can narrow down the cause,
  it would be easier to fix.
  I suspect something is not right when converting
  X window drawing into GNUstep drawing.
  So it probably happens in GNUstep backend or Azalea.
  Camaelon can be another source,
  but it use standard GNUstep drawing.

  Yen-Ju