Re: Linking setup with gnustep-make 2.0.1 on Solaris

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Linking setup with gnustep-make 2.0.1 on Solaris
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:00:46 +0100

On 12 Jun 2007, at 14:38, Patrick Georgi wrote:

Hi,

I tried to update my Solaris packages for gnustep and ran into some issues with the new make system.

As I understand it, the only thing that's strictly necessary for a build now is GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES. With this, I get a warning that PATH should include System/Tools but that doesn't give me any problems (at this time). My current issue is that applications are linked with -L paths to framework libraries, but without -R, so linking works, but on execution things break. Up to now, GNUstep.sh made sure that those paths are included in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so execution works (and it still does that way).

My question now is what the correct usage of gnustep-make is: GNUstep.sh or GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES? In the latter case, I'd like to add an additional -R for every -L, but I'd need some pointers for where to make this change.

You can always source GNUstep.sh to set everything up, but if you configured/installed gnustep-make using the native filesystem layout, you don't need to.

The simple point to remember is that, if you install using the native filesystem layout, then the GNUstep libraries are in the same directories as the operating system libraries, so you don't need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.