Re: Linking setup with gnustep-make 2.0.1 on Solaris

From: Fabian Groffen
Subject: Re: Linking setup with gnustep-make 2.0.1 on Solaris
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:45:38 +0200

On 12-06-2007 15:38:01 +0200, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> My question now is what the correct usage of gnustep-make is: GNUstep.sh or
> GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES? In the latter case, I'd like to add an additional -R for
> every -L, but I'd need some pointers for where to make this change.

We [1] use some experimental -rpath (-R) support for Linux (and Solaris),
which seems to work fine so far, thereby eliminating the dreaded
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.  A problem here unfortunately is on Darwin.
The library install_names are set to the library only, not their full
path.  I haven't had time to look into this yet, but I really would like
to get GNUstep linking using run path/install names.

I'm not sure why the GNUstep developers chose for this approach.  I'd
like to know if the GNUstep developers have an interest for changing
this or not.

[1] Gentoo GNUstep overlay - http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/gnustep

--
Fabian Groffen