Re: Migration to Objective-C 2.0

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Migration to Objective-C 2.0
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:30:36 -0800

Alex Perez wrote:
Graham J Lee wrote:
On 12 Feb 2007, at 12:51, Jeremy Tregunna wrote:

In my opinion, it's a lousy attempt to become C# -- read: pandering to MS developers, rather than taking care of its base. Bad strategy in my opinion.

Is that because existing ObjC developers are *real* developers who don't _need_ any fancy garbage collection or fast enumeration? ;-) IMO, the new features look useful[*]...take-up of course depends on how quickly and how many developers are willing to leave OS X 10.<=4 behind. Which if Core Data on 10.4 was anything to go by, is quite a number and quite soon.

Cheers,

Graham.
[*]in different contexts of course...garbage collection probably wouldn't be too attractive on existing code unless you know you've got a retaincount bug *glares at Cocoa Bindings*

Graham,

God *damn* it!!!!