Re: Cocotron

From: Andrew Sveikauskas
Subject: Re: Cocotron
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:31:50 -0500

On 2006-12-23 14:14:36 -0500 Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:

The only reason that Cocotron looks good under Windows, I suspect, is because it was themed that way. It likely looks precisely the same under Linux.

From reading their website, it sounds like their AppKit makes Win32 GDI calls directly, and doesn't yet work on any other platform. Haven't looked at their svn though.

What I found curious is that in one of the pages they write that they wrote their own objc runtime. I wonder if this means they are duplicating features already provided by gcc and libobjc?

Andrew