problem with fonts in art backend

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: problem with fonts in art backend
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:38:03 +0100

I'm trying to get the art backend working on 32-bit linux to see if I can reproduce a bug other people are having with display which I cannot reproduce in my 64bit environment.

I'm running debian unstable em64t and have a chroot environment with a 32bit copy of debian unstable inside it. Within this 32bit environment, I've built all the gnustep code, but whn I try to run a gnustep app I get streams of errors saying "Error when loading '/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Fonts/ Helvetica.nfont/no19003l.pfb' (00000003)" The font file exists and is the same as the version which works fine in my 64bit environment. I think the error code comes from the freetype library (version 2.2.1-5), and I've tried reverting to the same version that's in the 64bit environment, without it making any difference.

Has anyone come across this problem and how to solve it before?