Re: problem with fonts in art backend

From: Tenzin
Subject: Re: problem with fonts in art backend
Date: 21 Sep 2006 23:22:44 -0700

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> I think the error code comes from the freetype library (version
> 2.2.1-5), and I've tried reverting to the same version that's in the
> 64bit environment, without it making any difference.
>
> Has anyone come across this problem and how to solve it before?

I had a similar problem in SuSE 9.2, which was due to freetype (ver
1.3.1-1157.1). More accurately, it kept happening whenever SuSEconfig
ran itself after installing RPM's, and one app insisted on having links
to freetype libs in /usr/local/lib when freetype is actually in
/usr/bin.

When I remove these links, GNUstep works fine, and everything using
freetype continues to work. I can't remember what the rogue app was but
this hasn't happened to me since around February or March now, since I
started using apt4suse.

I have no idea if this is of any use to solving the problem on your
debian system though.

Tenzin