Re: problem with latest GNUstep (in CVS) on windows?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: problem with latest GNUstep (in CVS) on windows?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:01:52 +0000

On 30 Nov 2005, at 07:45, Lloyd Dupont wrote:

Now I am sure that... mh... that I have a different kind of error....

I destroyed all binaries and built directories.
I'm using msys1.0, gcc 3.4.2, GNUstep from today's CVS and the following un-updated dependency:
== dependencies ===
ffcall-1.10
libintl-0.11.5-2.bin.zip
libiconv-1.8.1-bin.zip
zlib-1.2.2-bin.zip
jpeg-6b-4-bin.zip
tiff-3.7.2-bin.zip
libpng-1.2.8-bin.zip
===============
I build everything as advised there:
http://wwwmain.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/ README.MinGW

then I try to build my simple (previously running) program.
And....
mmh.... I have.... a different error....
====
Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:271 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Unable to find backend back
====

hu, hu....
where is this backend?

apparently it should be in some directories pointed to by "GSBackend"
if I perform a search in the Tool directory and I find:
.\Library\Bundles\libgnustep-back-010.bundle.
that could be the one.
How do I put it into GSBackend variable now?

Where does your GNUstep.conf say the system root is?
It would expect it to be something like c:/GNUstep
I think the backend bundle should be in Library/Bundles relative to that.

I'm afraid I don't have a windows PC to try anything on at the moment ... my machine died and dell can't deliver a replacement for another week, so I'm working from memory here ... I don't guarantee accuracy :-(