RE: Gnustep gui and win32 visual styles (theme)

From: Frode
Subject: RE: Gnustep gui and win32 visual styles (theme)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:14:49 +0100

Hi!

Nicola Pero wrote:
> Everyone would be interested in having a more native look&feel for
GNUstep on Windows.
I feel the plans of gui control drawing is like reinventing the wheel.
But maybe my intuition is wrong.:-)

> I'm not exactly sure what you mean / are planning in the rest of your
email
Well, it's not yet a plan, only an idea. :-)

In short, what is the status of the back-end and what more is planned to
be added? Should the menu-handling go into the back-end?

Is the goal to make gui-sources (core/gui/Source/*.m) essential non-OS
dependent and put the OS-depending code in the backend
(core/back/Source/<os>/*.m)? Will this create performance degradations
for the final product?

I'm quite new to GNUstep coding so don't expect I have all answer, just
questions. :-)

Thanks!
Regards,
Frode