Re: Port from Objective C/Xcode to GNUstep

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: Port from Objective C/Xcode to GNUstep
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:58:52 +1100

GNUstep on windows is relatively stable, especially since new backend
code has been added. A few issues exist here and there, but apart from
that, it is mostly operational. Use the mingw port, as there are still
compilation issues for different things with cygwin. The application
will operate with the same look and feel as on unix, including window
resizing, etc (although there is an undocumented feature to change this,
I believe).

I highly recommend using the graphical installer for windows to try out
GNUstep first, as it will give you a good idea of how the whole thing
fits together.

It would be nice to get an idea of what constitutes your application. Is
there alot of interface files? Do you rely heavily on apple-specific
libraries (i.e. stuff outside of Cocoa)? Objective-C++?

Cheers
Chris

--
Christopher Armstrong <carmstrong@fastmail.com.au>