Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Jeremy Tregunna
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 03:57:38 -0400

On 12-Oct-05, at 3:10 AM, MJ Ray wrote:

That was not the claim. SVN is under a GPL-incompatible licence.
In practical terms, this makes any GPL application linking with
it undistributable, IIRC. So, forget having a slick GPL'd GNUstep
app to manage your archive.

So if you're that annoyed, write a BSD licensed wrapper around the library, or take the specification for subversion and write your own library to talk to subversion. However, I don't see any real need to have to write tools to talk to subversion, so I don't see how this would be a problem. svn talks to subversion just fine, and you won't be distributing it, ergo no problem. God this list is terribly bad about this kind of stuff, it's irritating.

Oh well, at least no-one suggested BitKeeper. ;-)

How about suggesting perfoce? =]

--
Jeremy Tregunna
jtregunna@blurgle.ca

"If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in." --Dykstra