Re: Look and Feel

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:38:04 -0800 (PST)

Jesse,

--- Jesse Ross <jesse@jesseross.com> wrote:

> > On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a more modern looking theme for
> > GNUstep on linux, like
> > http://jesseross.com/clients/gnustep/ui/concepts/01/ui.png , in
> > addition to the default NeXT theme.
> >

> Is is possible to set up some kind of poll somewhere where we can vote
> on whether or not the switch the GNUstep default theme? I'm not saying
> that my UI design has to be the final -- I just want to make sure we
> get the conversation about "keep it or ditch it" resolved in a
> democratic fashion.

I would appreciate it if you would define what you mean by "default theme".   I
realize that this is confusing, but here goes:

1) GNUstep has a "built-in" or "native" look, one that doesn't require a theme
to be shown.
2) GNUstep also has a theme engine called Camaelon.  Because it uses theme
bundles, it's capable of changing almost any aspect of the UI.

When you say "default theme" are you referring to #1 or a theme bundle written
for Camaelon, as described in #2?

Well discuss the other points in this email depending on the answer to the
above.

> J.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.