Re: GNUstep/OpenStep articles..

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: GNUstep/OpenStep articles..
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:29:00 +0200

Nicolas Roard wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to the initiative about the OpenStep anniversary, a few websites ran the story (and thus talked about GNUstep too..) -- globally the reactions were imho positive about GNUstep, mostly curious..

Here is a list of the websites that talked about the OpenStep anniversary... (and I probably missed others...)

<snip>

All in all, I guess it was worth the effort ;-) and it was a good week for GNUstep news ;-)

Seeing the results I think it was surely worth the effort. I think we should continue this. My idea is that somewhere (and please Adam fill this in) between now and Januari 1st we should have the 1.0 release for another such News round. Then we could post a GNUstep at FOSDEM announcement in Januari/Februari.

The biggest problem we are probably facing is creating news worthy items. So I would like to call on everybody to report stuff that might be created into a news item. As said before I do not have the time anymore to browse through the changelogs, but as shown by the this successful effort, together we can pull it off.

We shouldn't flood the news sites, but an article/news flash per month would be nice.

Dennis

--
You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.
                        --- Sam Levenson