Re: Cocoa Programming 2nd Ed. - now with GNUstep

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Cocoa Programming 2nd Ed. - now with GNUstep
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:04:32 -0700

Adam Fedor wrote:

I haven't looked at it yet, but /. claims the 2nd edition has a GNUstep section:
http://books.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/26/192224

Yes. I reviewed the chapter for Aaron before it was published. Strictly for errors though - it's not that kind but it's a fair assessment of where GNUstep is now.

What do you think of the idea of getting the author/publisher's permission to post the chapter on GNUstep on our site with annotations / comments on various portions which may not be true anymore? I think we should be given an opportunity to refute his claims, and Adam's review process did not include this opportunity as he was only checking it for errors.