Re: Back 0.9.0 on Solaris 9

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Back 0.9.0 on Solaris 9
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:21:32 +0200

on 5/10/04 5:05 PM, Andreas Hoeschler at ahoesch@smartsoft.de wrote:
> symbol                             in file
> libiconv
> /opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so
> libiconv_open
> /opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so
> libiconv_close
> /opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> shared_obj/gpbs
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [shared_obj/gpbs] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [gpbs.all.tool.variables] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/share/src/core/gnustep-back-0.9.0/Tools'
> make: *** [internal-all] Error 2
>
> I have installed libiconv-1.8-sol9-sparc-local from sunfreeware.com.
> The library is available.
<cut>

> Any idea how to fix this?

no real idea. It was broken some time ago until Alexander Malmberg fixed it
by making a more intelligent configure script.
SO I believe current CVS has it fixed. Maybe he or Adam can give you a
"backport" of this feature.

Using that I oculd finally compile gnustep again on Solaris 2.6 but after
that _every_ application I launch fails. I wonder how far you will get.
(no, I can't use debug-app because it gives some stupid parameters to GDB
which my older gdb doesn't recognize. SOmeone made a patch for this some
time ago but it was never commited.)

-R