Re: [ANN] MyWiki 0.8

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [ANN] MyWiki 0.8
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:59:09 +0200

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:
There are some points which I would like to mention about GNUstep (from CVS)
even though I'm sorry that I have no time to investigate them:

1. NSUnderlineStyleAttributeName seems not work (in NSAttributedString).

Yes, the implementation of this is missing in NSLayoutManager. As far as I remember some underlineing code used to be there previously, but it jsut did not work.

2. How to hide NSTableView header from Gorm ?
3. GWorkspace won't compile without PDFKit (CVS, on FreeBSD).
   (./configure seems does't work perfectly)

This should at least be mentioned in the INSTALL file!

4. Drag files from GWorkspace to MyWiki doesn't work, but work from Finder on Mac.
   (Probably GWorksapce doesn't support NSFilenamesPboardType)

This is a problem of NSImage. It does implement the initWithPasteboard: method to accept NSFilenamesPboardType, but ignores this in canInitWithPasteboard: Should we check for a valid file type here or accept any file as suitable for the image?