Re: [BUG] Focus problem...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [BUG] Focus problem...
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:40:54 +0100

on 1/12/04 11:16 AM, NeXT at chunsj@embian.com wrote:

> 1. Open GWorkspace.app and Terminal.app
> 2. Select GWorkspace.app for it take focus
> 3. Hide using menu
> 4. Select Terminal.app for it take focus if it's not
> 5. Unhide GWorkspace.app by double clicking app icon
> 6. The applications flickers and no menu appears and Terminal.app
> has focus.
>
> I think this problem does appears with current modification in focus
> code.

I had a similar problem with Gorm and PC, using the latest CVS before
savannah breakage. I thought it was related to using CDE/mwm instead of
Wmaker, but apaprently not. I get this menu flickering too, it can even end
with the menu of another application being in foreground instead of the app
which sould.
I have another problem: I don't hide, I only neet to take the focus out of
gorm, when it gets back all the palettes flicker when they come back in
foreground and they "mirgate" owards the bottom of the screen. Usually gorm
recovers after some flickers and stops, moving the palettes backs makes them
usable.

-Ric