Re: Fosdem 2004

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: Fosdem 2004
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:46:10 +0100

Something that could be interesting is a small booklet presenting GNUstep and the ideas behind it -- the KDE guys did that to a Paris show last year, it was a good idea. Dennis ? :-)
(perhaps like OpenStep's guide to new user... see http://docs.sun.com/db/
doc/802-2101?q=openstep&a=load and http://docs.sun.com/?q=openstep)

Which is similar to the one I am already working on:
http://gnustep.made-it.com/UserGuide/index.html

But impossible to finish before FOSDEM... :(

What can be used is the flyer from Yen-Ju if people have a local copy, or a link to the site (because I don't). I can make/fix that before FOSDEM.

If people have a digital version of the KDE booklet, I can have look at it. But I don't think a booklet before FOSDEM can be generated that fast... although I have split most of the DocBook sources such that I can probably generate documentation fast/faster in the future (still working on the directory layout though).

But the overall remark that we should have some promotional documentation is taken :) I will put that on my todo list for this year... that list grows... :)

Dennis