Re: newbie, XMPP framework

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: newbie, XMPP framework
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:09:44 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Frédéric LOUI wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've walked around the web and found a Good IM client for MACOSX:
> http://fire.sourceforge.net/
> It currently support several IM protocols:Jabber,AIM,ICQ,MSN, Yahoo messenger
> According to some user's experience it is one of the best IM client for
> MACOSX.
I use this daily, but the problem is that it uses Apple's
Security.framework for keychain management, and we do not currently have
an equivalent. One could be written, however CDSA, the standard on which
the framework is build, is extremely complicated.

> I've checked out the code and guess waht ? It is written in ObjC.
> In addition you'll find all re-usable code (in library form) in their
> repective directory.
Yes, but there are probably more than a few carbon calls here and there
that'd have to be culled out.